Start a new topic
Planned

add pluse and o2 monitoring and IOS 8 Health App interation

I would love to be able to monitor my pulse and o2 levels like Withings does or better.  Having Asthma all my life it is something that I really would like to be able to have.  Also I would love to be able to have my Touch interact with Apples IOS 8 Health app

Any possible way this can happen?

2 people like this idea

And I have the same problem - Thanks

Hi Richard, 

We would also love for the Touch to be able to monitor heart rate and blood oxygen levels. This will require a new design for the device however that would incorporate a sensor to monitor pulse and blood oxygen levels on the underside of the device similar to what Withings currently offers. We are always looking for ways to expand the usability of our devices, but some functions like heart rate monitoring are limited by hardware specifications. Heart rate monitoring is definitely something we're looking into developing. I have added your request for blood oxygen levels monitoring to our feature request log, which is reviewed by our engineers. Thank you for writing in and letting us know you're interested. 

Regards, 

Neil

Striiv Customercare

Thanks Neil for reading this and answering my request.  This would greatly add to the value of the Touch
Rich

Neil any way I can become a beta tester for this?  I have been using Striiv for years and I had to learn to walk and talk again in Feb 2007 after a auto accident and I rely on it everyday.
Thanks
Rich

When we do develop a device with these capabilities (which will mean a complete re-design of hardware) I'm sure we can offer you a beta test device. If you give me your email, I'll put you down on the feature request log as a beta test requester for the heart rate monitor feature. Just keep in mind, it could be a while before we have a device with these capabilities. 

Regards, 

Neil

Neil, My email address is richardmacbeth@gmail.com
Thanks
Rich

I've put you on the list Rich. Thanks for contacting us with this request! 

Regards, 

Neil

How are things coming Neil on this feature?

Rich

We're currently drawing up plans for a device capable of monitoring heart rate. You'll like see our hear about this sometime in the new year. Stay tuned!

-Neil

Neil how are we coming with this looking forward in beta testing this soon.

Neil, still looking for an update

Hi Richard, we are in the process of developing a device capable of monitoring your heart rate. At the moment, I can't disclose any more information than that. It's not looking too promising in regards to the iOS 8 Health app link since Apple basically requires us to hand over our data to them if we do allow for a link. Syncing data to the Health app is one thing, but giving Apple ownership of that data is a whole other can of worms. Stay tuned for the heart rate monitoring device!

I look forward to beta testing it for you please keep in touch

Richard, we'll let you know if we're in need of beta testers. 

Login or Signup to post a comment